Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Song of the Week

Song: Before You Were Young
Album: Ode to J. Smith
Band: Travis

Having just seen these fellas live for the first time, more to come on that, I felt it only appropriate to tout a song from their latest release, Ode to J. Smith, as my commemorative first song of the week. Selecting one proved to be a more challenging feat than I anticipated. I surely have my favorite songs and remembering the live performance only enhances each song's appeal...

However, I did select one that being Before You Were Young. I am especially drawn to the sincerity in Fran's delivery and the unusually soft, melodic lyrics. I am always a fan of the piano and this song does not disappoint, as well as kickin' it up a notch with the use of a gong! Below is my favorite verse of the song,

"but i've only got two hands
and i'll never learn to dance
i'll never get a second chance
whatever
i'll take the breath away from your sighs
and wipe the tears away from your eyes
and hope the fire never dies
inside you"

Happy listening to a song I ALWAYS hit repeat on!

No comments:

Post a Comment