Sunday, June 28, 2009

NEW MUSIC!

Here are a few of my new favorite artists. I've been listening to them on REPEAT for days. Check 'em out you're bound to like one of them!

Jason Schwartzman's one man band project. Yes, Jason's most know for writing the song California, made famous to the masses as the theme song on The OC, but departed his band, Phantom Planet, after only one record to follow his dream of being an actor. Not to hard of a goal to accomplish when you have Nicholas Cage as a cousin and many other famous relatives. Needless to say Jason became an actor and has recently gotten back to making music. Both Nighttiming and the current Davy albums by Coconut Records has a throw back to the great pop stars of the 1960's. Fun hooks, and quirky lyrics make it sooooo easy for me to say I HEART Jason Schwartzman!!!!

I was recently "introduced" to him when I saw Conor Oberst and the Mystic Valley Band. He is a member of the Mystic Valley Band playing guitar and backing vocals. However, he did sing a song on his own and Conor mentioned Nik just released his own album. So I checked it out the next day and have been listening to it non-stop! It's fun to listen to around the house when you're cooking or doing random projects.

When I first heard this guy I thought "wow this doesn't seem like the kind of song Brooks and Dunn would sing..." Turns out it wasn't Brooks and Dunn it was Randy Houser. I'm not sure how old Randy is but he has a deep soulful voice with some Southern Bluesy Rock tendencies, which I LOVE! His debut album as a singer is great for summer. My favorite song is Lie, the lyrics are clever and I hate to admit it but a pretty accurate assessment.


No comments:

Post a Comment