Thursday, July 2, 2009

Independence Day

Happy 4th of July!

Things I've learned so far while in Boston:

1. There are only 4 ingredients in good beer. Hops, yeast, water and a grain and it's best to serve beer a little warmer so you can enjoy the flavor. I learned this on the Samuel Adams brewery tour where I got a free glass and three free samples of beer. Even though I'm not a fan of beer it was a good way to spend an hour!

2. J.P. Licks makes one hell of a brownie sundae! Two choices of ice cream (homemade of course) I picked coffee Oreo which was fantastic, two choices of toppings and then hot fudge and whipped cream. 

3. Bostionas are either hardcore about Neil Diamond or celebrating the 4th of July in large groups in public places. This was made evident when we showed up at 8:30 am to get wristband to for the free show tonight and people had clearly been waiting since dawn or before. It was also apparent when you see people hauling in tents, coolers and bags full of groceries! C-R-A-Z-Y!!!

4. Scrambled eggs and half a raisin bagel can be the best breakfast you've ever had if you've been truckin' it around the city for hours on an empty stomach to find your brunch destination is closed for the holiday.

5. These shoes AINT made for walking.... well so far I think my shoes have been a fine choice it's just my darn flat feet that are slowing me down. 

That's that, so far. We still have the rest of July 4th to celebrate! And whatever may come after that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment